Membership

Welcome to the International Kiko Goat Association Forum. This forum is for all... experienced Kiko breeders, novice, and those seeking information on the Kiko breed they have been hearing about. Please register so you can experience all the benefits of our forum. Let's talk Kikos!
Forum rules
Please be respectful of others' questions, answers, and opinions. This forum is to be used for public discussion of Kikos, topics directly related to IKGA business are not to be posted. No flaming, spamming, or other disrespectful discussion will be allowed. You do not have to be a member of the IKGA to join this forum. Lurkers allowed but we invite you to register and be part of our community.

Membership

Postby Dreadnought » Sun Feb 12, 2012 6:00 pm

Got on the IKGA website today & saw that my name/farm was no longer on the breeder list.
Then went to the membership section clicked on renewals and saw the deadline for renewals is January 31.
Paid my dues on PayPal but wonder why the secretary could not mail out postcard reminders to jog memories.
We both work public jobs & tend to over 100 head of stock when we get home. This does not leave a lot of time
for checking renewal dates...

Bill Thornton
Dreadnought

Re: Membership

Postby cejalivestock » Sun Feb 12, 2012 7:57 pm

The way I understand it is if you renew after the deadline you're considered an "Associate Member" since you're not allowed to vote.
The By-Laws state;
"The Standard Member is entitled to one (1) vote on all matters where a vote from the membership is required."

Curt
cejalivestock

Postby susannjay » Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:48 am

There was a reminder in the newsletter, but I let the time pass as well.
--Susan
SNJ Kiko Ranch
Louisiana
~~Selling the best, eating the rest!~~
susannjay

Postby Dreadnought » Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:52 pm

Hey Curt,

long time no see. I don't care about the politics, just want to be on the breeder list, & be able to register goats

Bill
Dreadnought

Postby cejalivestock » Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:46 am

Howdy Bill, I hope all is well.
My guess is this was discussed at the Feb. meeting and the webmaster is working on updates. I think you can email her/him from the contact page.

Curt
cejalivestock

Return to Let's Talk Kikos