choosing a buck to sell at KikoFest

Welcome to the International Kiko Goat Association Forum. This forum is for all... experienced Kiko breeders, novice, and those seeking information on the Kiko breed they have been hearing about. Please register so you can experience all the benefits of our forum. Let's talk Kikos!
Forum rules
Please be respectful of others' questions, answers, and opinions. This forum is to be used for public discussion of Kikos, topics directly related to IKGA business are not to be posted. No flaming, spamming, or other disrespectful discussion will be allowed. You do not have to be a member of the IKGA to join this forum. Lurkers allowed but we invite you to register and be part of our community.

choosing a buck to sell at KikoFest

Postby susannjay » Tue May 24, 2011 3:34 pm

I have two bucklings that were born in January. One is a 97% and one is a NZ. The last time we attended KF, we brought a very nice buck that was a 94%. Several people commented that they couldn't use him because of his percentage. With that in mind, should I bring the NZ and forget about the 97%?
--Susan
SNJ Kiko Ranch
Louisiana
~~Selling the best, eating the rest!~~
susannjay

Re: choosing a buck to sell at KikoFest

Postby susannjay » Sun May 29, 2011 1:24 pm

Wow! 27 views and not one response. lol
Now I am trying to decide if I should bring seven does or six does and a buckling to KikoFest...We sold the 97% buckling yesterday...so I still have a NZ buck, but it would be good for us to get another doe sold to get our numbers down due to the drought...decisions, decisions...I love kidding season, but then it is followed by "selling season" which is the toughest part of the year!
--Susan
SNJ Kiko Ranch
Louisiana
susannjay

Postby Tommy Hardman » Wed Jun 01, 2011 7:22 pm

Susan
sorry that you didn't get a response,I would bring the does and put the buck on the request for sales space and a couple more does , if the limit is not reached you will be contacted and can put more in the sale.
Tommy
Tommy Hardman
TNB Kikos
http://www.tnbkikogoats.com
251-957-0488
Tommy Hardman

Postby anndunning » Sat Jun 04, 2011 10:11 pm

It is a hard question to answer. - have been looking to see what replies would be for myself. It probably depends on your market and how the breeding stock market is going. - would think that most people going to kikofest are breeders. @robably most already have a buck and if they are looking,they are looking for a 100 percent. The local boeer farmer who runs commercial goats and wants To improve its herd may give you a higher price, you can negociate price better to your advantage, talk to local extension office inform others of benefts of kikos. We have sold to commercial breeders and those starting into breeding stock for higher prices than were at kiko fest last year. BUTn just left sale in GA where prices were about 300 or more. Not sure this is helpful or not, I,m ne at all this but that,s my best attempt to answer your question.
anndunning

Postby susannjay » Fri Jun 10, 2011 11:14 am

Thanks Tommy and Ann! :-)
I may not have an issue at all...maybe I will be able to sell the NZ off the farm.
I just brought my does home from a clearing job yesterday, and it is about time to weigh and decide which ones to bring to KF. They are all looking good and I wish I could keep them all.

Have a super day!
--Susan
SNJ Kiko Ranch
Louisiana
susannjay

Return to Let's Talk Kikos